An ideal location...
Central to the most adventure-dense area in SuperNatural British Columbia, guests can find extreme outdoor sports activity less than ½ hour away like mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, skiing, zip-lines, white-water rafting and kayaking as well as fishing, swimming, snowshoeing, gondolas and horse-back riding to name a few but may choose to remain on the retreat enjoying the refreshing silence, private clothes-optional hot tub, breath-taking views, and exclusive trails surrounding the retreat.
Activities at Tantalus View Retreat (Steps from the chalet)
- Hot-tub in the perfect setting
- Picnic with open fire and plentiful dry firewood
- Barbecue on the viewing deck
- Browse about the Retreats creative log work, carvings and gardens
- Explore the cascading water falls along Swift Creek
- Tour our micro-hydro system
- Short walk to “Area 44” Rock Climbing
- Snow-shoe trek and tobogganing (Dec.-Feb.)
- Hike our eight exclusive trails from your doorstep offering varying topography with exceptional view points
- Enjoy the retreat Watch Dog “Tally” for company & as your trail guide!
- Eagle watch migration (Dec.-Feb.)
- Guided mushroom foraging (Sept.-Nov.)
- Enjoy a personnel tour of the retreat with Warren and maybe pitch a few horseshoes while you’re at it!
With over 30 years of log home building experiences, Warren developed the skills necessary in building his ultimate dream; an off-grid nature retreat. At Tantalus View Retreat the primary goal is to achieve low impact on the environment while living creatively and sustainably. Guests come to relax in the serenity of independent, off-grid living and leave inspired knowing that such a lifestyle can exist. Water; the key element is plentiful and delicious. A small micro-hydro system on Swift creek supplies continuous energy to the retreat.
Ask Warren for a tour!
All in all: “Low impact / High enjoyment!”
Local Attractions (less than 20 minute’s drive)
- Garibaldi Provincial Park Trailheads (centrally located, 20 kilometers each way)
- Town of Squamish “Hardwired For Adventure”
- Quaint shops and restaurants
- Craft breweries
- Squamish Farmers market 10am-3pm Saturdays in spring/summer/fall
- Rock Climbing
- Smoke Bluffs
- World renowned Grand Wall of the Stawamus Chief ( 1500 vertical feet )
- Mountain biking -Bike Rentals at the Adventure Centre – tourist information
- Kite boarding and wind surfing
- Squamish Estuary trails
- Sport Fishing- World Class Angler’s Destination for salmon, steelhead and trout
- Horse back riding
- Shannon and Brandywine Waterfalls
- Mountain Lake Swimming and paddle boarding – 3 lakes within 10 kilometers
- Sight-seeing tours by air
- Sea to Sky Gondola
- Eagle Watching (January for Annual Eagle Count)
- Brackendale the Eagle Watching Capital of Canada
- River Rafting
- Whistler Olympic Village
- World-class dining and nightlife
- Down-hill skiing / mountain biking / gondolas
- Arts and Cultural Galleries
- Spas and Wellness Centers